Saturday, May 24, 2014

[Spyro] The Four State Challenge

At long last, we're at Harper's Ferry!

It's a historic town, the home of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, and the "psychological midpoint" of the Trail. But it's also the starting point for a hiker challenge.

By starting out just before Harper's Ferry and ending at the Mason-Dixon line, it's possible to go through 4 states (VA, WV, MD, PA) in 42 miles, and doing so in 24 hours or less is called the Four State Challenge. Crazy? Maybe, but we're going to try it anyways!

So starting at 2am tomorrow morning, we'll be on the move! My SPOT will be broadcasting my location live, and I'm going to attempt to live-tweet on my Twitter feed when I have service under the hashtag #4statechallenge (surprisingly, someone has previously used the hashtag for that purpose).

So pumped! Watch for updates!

- Spyro

(this challenge fueled by Elizabeth's Hudson Bay Bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment